Monday, May 24, 2010

Ying Or Yang?

I’m starting to realize the Tao unlike Confucius isn’t a person. It’s like advice to take upon and have a god life. The Tao is beginning to have many similarities to Confucius. I’m guessing it may be from the ancestry. They are very much into respecting the elders although not quite o much as Confucius.
Something that did frustrate me was this, "Give up learning, and put an end to your trouble." (Twenty). Is he trying to say that we shouldn’t learn? I don’t get it, the whole book is about learning
"When wisdom and intelligence are born, The great pretense begins." (Eighteen). Isn’t this achieved by learning? How can you be wise if you don’t learn?
This quote reminds me of the nature parks, “A good walker leaves no tracks…” (Twenty seven). When you go to a nature reserve they tell you, leave nothing but your tracks. To me the irony in this is very interesting because I somewhat picture the tow in a sort of botanical garden.
I began to think about our daily life and our free will while reading this, “The heavy is the root of the light: the still is the master of unrest” (twenty six). When you begin to think of free will and what your life revolves on, your life revolves around the sun, the everlasting light. The sun sets you to sleep at night and wakes you up every morning. It is the master of the unrest.
Lastly, is this actually where the Ying Yang began? “Know the white, but keep the black!” (Twenty eight).

No comments:

Post a Comment