Monday, May 24, 2010

Welcome To My Happy Ending

 
Ending the eternal Tao... Wait wasn’t it eternal? I guess not. Finally the mind stretching is over. It was very fun to interpret and the amount of challenge for me was just right.
Finishing the Tao I came across my all-time favorite quote. I even put it on my face book status, “If I have a little sense. I will walk on the main road and my only fear will be straying from it.” (Fifty three). This is probably one of the best quotes I have found in this book. When I do my gymnastics my worst enemy is my fear. The fear of falling off the beam or having an accident on bar is far greater than my physical incapacities. My fear blocks me from doing what I most want to do. If I had a little sense my only fear would be to fear. Right now my only fear is Mr. Tangen’s grading system if I don’t get this in by Monday.
“Practice non-action. Work without doing.” (Sixty three), why can’t this be our class motto?
“A good soldier is not violent. A good fighter is not angry. A good winner is not vengeful. A good employer is humble.” (sixty eight). I couldn’t agree more with this quote. This is what people need to live by. This whole book I believe is the best advice I have heard. Maybe at church I haven’t interpreted the information as much, but this advice is the best.
I have really enjoyed his book a lot. It is my favorite that we have read in class. All the passages just seem to make sense and fit in to my everyday life.

I will end this with a quote, “Truthful words are not beautiful. Beautiful words are not truthful.” (Eighty one). One of the most powerful and directly truthful quotes I’ve heard.
171887main_NASA_Flare11Nov_lg.jpg (2043×985)

No comments:

Post a Comment