Monday, May 24, 2010

My Only Weapon Is My Fear



A very good start to the next readings, “Do you think you can take over the universe and improve it? I do not believe it can be done. The universe is sacred. You cannot improve it. If you try to change it, you will ruin it. If you try to hold it, you will lose it.” (Twenty nine). This quote is mind candy. Isn’t our whole planet “Go Green!” modo all about changing the world? Don’t get me wrong I’m all for it but the irony here is making me ponder. I don’t completely agree with this quote. I think we need to make changes in the world to eliminate poverty and mass problems like global warming. If not we will just all kill ourselves because the world has survived much worse than global warming. The ones who will die are ourselves not the world. Now I do believe that the world as a whole cannot be improved but preserved in the sense of its natural beauty. I’m guessing this is what the Tao is trying to say because Asian religion is very much tied to piece and nature. I’m thinking the quote means not to try to make things easier and change things for ourselves. It means we should leave things in their natural state and not spray harmful pesticides all over the planets crops (sorry a little to much of my global studies teacher, Mr. O Conner, he really inspires).  Anyways this was a great ponder for me.
“Good weapons are an instrument of fear” (Thirty one). This I completely agree with. I believe most weapons are just to instill fear. Most people don’t have the courage to actually fire one at a living being. If they can get what they want by not actually having to use the weapon they will. Why? Because the human race is made up of one coward after another. Why do you think some of the biggest heads of companies are the biggest jerks? I believe a weapon of fear isn’t always an object. You can instill a wepon of fear by blackmailing but they will never actually do what they say they will because then they have no power to manipulate by. They simply want to instill fear with no action behind it.
Lastly, “When nothing is done, nothing is left undone” (Forty eight),except this blog post that I am doing on a Sunday night that shouldn’t have been left in non action until now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment