Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Bits Of Knowledge

The Psalms are interesting. I don’t exactly know what they are there for but they seem like little pieces of guidance to live by. It says, “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Psalms 23:1. I like this quote because it is interesting “The LORD is my shepherd” does this mean we are his sheep? Is this where the term “Lamb of God” comes from?

Psalm 42 reminds me of the book “Night.” He believes God has forgotten him, “I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?” 42:9. I think it is important to remember that God forgets no one he simply puts their faith to the test.

The Psalms are very interesting and I think sum up what the rest of the Old Testament is trying to engrave in us. It is a somewhat summary or analysis I believe. Their passages picked out to help us live a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment