Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daddy's Boys Are Put To The Test

I have finished the book of Job and I have to say I really enjoyed it. This helped me to realize that all the wealthy aren’t always unappreciative, because God puts them to the test. Job was faithful to God even when God himself took everything away from him. This book is very inspirational to see that there is always a God and he puts you through the hard times so you can appreciate even more, the good times. It also gets me thinking about the quote, “from rags to riches to rags.” These people get lucky and end up swimming in money and giving their kids everything they ever dreamed of. When you get things without working for them it is almost impossible to appreciate them to the fullest. The kids grow a sense of entitlement and think they can live on daddy’s money forever. Daddy’s money is consumed in a negative exponential decrease. The kids think they don’t need to study they will just inherit businesses. They don’t know how wrong their theory is until they realize they don’t have the neurons to run a business. So they go from riches to rags. I believe that this is Gods test. If you are faithful through riches and rags he will give you twice as much to for you to make the world a better place. For daddy’s little boys however, who don’t appreciate anything, they will go to rags economically or emotionally, both equally bad. This book is a lesson, a warning, to teach us that this test will come to us eventually. The innocent as much as the evil are tested. As long as we remain faithful to God and our beliefs and are appreciative to what we have, “I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.” Job, 19:25


1 comment:

  1. I know you've fallen behind a bit, but it's important that you read the texts in this class before we actually discuss them, so that you develop your own ideas of the text.

    ReplyDelete