Sunday, April 25, 2010

Until Now

I have decided this post will be dedicated to chapters 1-21 in the book of Genesis. The main stories I have looked at are Creation, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah, and now I am finishing the story of Abraham. At chapter 21 the story of Abraham cuts off when Isaac is about to be born. Abraham has waited very long for his son and may finally have one with his wife. Their first son, Ishmael, was interestingly conceived by Abraham himself and Sarah’s maid. Their second son, Isaac, was a miracle from God on the condition that everyone must be circumcised. From the previous post I think I have clearly explained the story of Abraham and Isaac. The story of Abraham until chapter twenty one leaves you with the birth of Isaac. I wonder how Ishmael must feel when the real son Isaac is born. Sara seems to not like him from the time her maid conceived, “And he went in unto Hagar, and she conceived: and when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress was despised in her eyes.” Geneses 16:4.
Adam and Eve was very interesting because you could get so many perspectives out of one story. This we realized when we read the “Ladies And Gentlemen, The Bible” book. I think each of us was able to catch a different interpretation of the story, which to me was very interesting.
Cain and Abel sort of reminded me of Zeus and Hades. One of the brothers becomes good and the other evil. Except for in Greek mythology Zeus doesn’t get killed. There are so many parallels to other beliefs its really cool to see them after studying them year after year.
For the story of Noah I also made a humorous change in the dialogue. I imagine the story a little more like this:
God: Noah I’m tired of humans all they do is talk to me all ay as if I was their friend, like I have the time for that…
Noah: Ah I see, I am the only perfect one, I know how you feel, you can’t help it if I’m the only gorgeous one
God: I’m going to destroy the human race, I can’t believe I created morons in the first place.
Noah: Can I stay and reproduce a gorgeous race? Or will you just convert me to I higher sort of Godly status?
God: Ok well maybe I should let a couple humans stay, and maybe the animals. I don’t want to have to redo everything.
Noah: how are you going to o it then? We’ll need to make a brainstorm.
God: No, I’ll just flood your asses out.
Noah: Sweet.
God: Ok so Noah get two of every animal an bring your wife and kids with their spouses, build a ship and just don’t bother me for about 40 days, and you should be ok
Noah: Do I really need to build a ship?
God: Look dude I could really care less if your drown, so just take my advice
Noah: Ok ok, I’ ill build one.
20 days later…
Noah: God! God! Come on put the power back on! I need to get onto Facebook! My wife is trying to divorce me on my wall!
God: I should have killed them all…

No comments:

Post a Comment