Monday, April 5, 2010

The Perfect Resemblence

I really enjoyed this scene of Alcyone and Ceyx mostly because it reminded me of one of my favorite movies, The Perfect Storm. Bobby (Mark Walhberg) is like Ceyx, and his wife Christina (Diane Lane). Bobby is a fisherman, and the business nearby for fishing hasn’t been good. His fishing mates decide to go on a dangerous fishing trip where there will be tons of good high priced fish. They are warned not to go for it is very dangerous and life threatening. Christina tells Bobby she doesn’t want the perfect storm and as Bobby dies he says “Christina? Christina, can you hear me? I don't know if you can, but I'm talking to ya, baby. Do you know how much I love you? I loved you the moment I saw you. I love you now, and I'll love you forever. No goodbye. There's only love, Christina. Only love. “. Before Ceyx dies he says “O gods, hear my modest prayer: that my body may wash ashore at her feet where she may with gentle hands prepare it to be buried.” [Page 25 line 1]. The last thought for both of them were of their wives. The story has so many parallels. It seems based on this story in Metamorphosis, only is is actually based on a true story. The only part the movie doesn’t have is the part after he dies. Anyway this is my point of view on pages 20-32 Alcyone and Ceyx from Metamorphosis. 



No comments:

Post a Comment