Monday, March 22, 2010

Care For Wisdom?

The Baghavad Gita has been one very interesting book. I have been able to relate to it in so many ways. It was a true inspiration to me. The quotes I have gotten from this book are ones I will remember forever. It was a difficult piece of literature to interpret, but once I got into it I really was able to capture the essence of it. I have never voluntarily ever chosen a similar reading. This was my first of many more to come. I enjoyed this book mainly because I could see the teaching in it mixed with the culture of the time it took place and was written.
The book was basically a conversation between Arjuna and Krishna. Krishna (a God) trying to convince Arjuna to fight in battle. He used so many ways of persuasion with such rhetoric and wisdom; it was truly a work of art. I could see all the connections to other religions besides Hinduism as well.
I finished this book well. I was able to understand it to the fullest. It is a book I can be proud to say I have read. This is going to give me so much knowledge in the future when I can relate back to it. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to learn from old wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment